bknipper

Clown/anemone help

4 posts in this topic

Today I attempted to get my clown (percales) to host a anemone this morning... I placed the two together inside of a net and which forced the clown to run into the anemone several times. Needless to say the clown wasn't having it and I gave up releasing the two back into the tank. This afternoon I was inspecting my tank and noticed the clown now has a white slimy film that appears to be coming off its fins. I was wondering if this could have been caused by the stings it received from the anemone? I don't believe it has ick I have several other fish in the tank and none if them have the slim. I also fed the tank and the clown ate without hesitation and docent appear to be stressed in anyway. 

It took my clowns almost 3 weeks before they hosted regularly.  At first they would not get close then slowly they hosted, don't think you can force them.  Hopefully just stress on your clown as a reason for the slim.

Just let nature do its thing 

will do, I won't attempt that again I saw a few things and figured I'd give it a shot. The clown seems to be better now I don't see anymore slime, must have been front the stings it received